of Education Course
These courses pages are a work in progress.
- ED 430 Technology in the Service of Learning
Introduces students to the range of educational technologies being used in
schools today and a number of technologies that have not yet made their
way into common use. Technologies studied include the interactive whiteboard,
video capture of lecture or student presentation, podcasting, social media,
and various Web 2.0 resources. Students add technologies to their existing
repertoire and learn to evaluate the appropriateness of technologies for
educational goals. (4 credits)
- Resources Materials
- Resources Video
- Resources Text
- Appropriate Use of Technology
- Resources Apps
- Ed 308/567 Hypermedia
- Ed 495 / 595 Creating a Digital Portfolio
- Resume Writing
- Creating A Web Presence
- Web Monkey
- The Canonical Intranet
- useit.com: Jakob Nielsen's Website
- Human Factors Internationl
- Code for <embed> from http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/compatibility.html
- <OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" WIDTH="160"
<PARAM name="SRC" VALUE="sample.mov">
<PARAM name="AUTOPLAY" VALUE="true">
<PARAM name="CONTROLLER" VALUE="true">
<EMBED SRC="sample.mov" WIDTH="160" HEIGHT="144" AUTOPLAY="true"
- Punctuation On The Internet
- % or ~ in a URL indicate personal opinion page
- Teaching Critical Thinking in Cyberspace
(from Alan Nonember)
- What search engine did you use
- NoodleTools is a suite of interactive
tools designed to aid students and professionals with their online
research. From selecting a search engine and finding some relevant
sources, to citing those sources in MLA or APA style, NoodleTools
makes online research easier!
- What is the pattern of forward links are being used on the page
- run curser over links to see pattern
- What backlinks are hitting this page that are currently hidden
- copy URL and put in http://www.altavista.com search engine in this
format "link:http://www.mywebsite.org/ "
or to see what .edu links use "link edu:http://www.mywebsite.org/"
- Teacher Resources